CREATIVE SONG WRITING WORKSHOPS, SESSIONS and PROJECTS
- Facilitating song writing sessions at Headway – Oxford and Restore – Banbury as part of Activate Learning which is an education and training group based in Oxford. It runs schools, further education colleges and work-based training across Oxfordshire and Berkshire, and delivers higher-education and international study programmes too.
- My song writing sessions/workshops offer and provide ….………………..
- a safe, cheerful, calm, enjoyable, friendly and fun environment to work in.
- Demonstrate that the creative song writing is an enjoyable, positive and rewarding activity and aim to inspire those taking part to explore and discover their creativity.
- Offer – with respect and at a high standard – the chance for people to discover and share their talent and potential.
- Celebrate and promote originality, inclusion, difference and diversity, challenge convention, influence and change behaviour more widely and introduce new initiatives.
Apart from sharing creative skills, I am very keen to support discussion and social skills as part of the creative process including Respect, Teamwork, Collaboration, Self Esteem, Independence, Confidence, Friendship and Achievement. I encourage people to encourage, help and support one another. Everyone taking part is consulted and involved in all creative planning and decision making throughout the project.Not only do I reach the people I work with but also their families, friends, carers and those who might never have considered or been aware of this unique opportunity.
My Community Concerts for the young at heart.
team of Professional and highly skilled Creative Practitioners who facilitate and run inclusive, creative, quality, song writing and Recording, Art and Video Production workshops for and with young people and adults who have Learning Difficulties, Disabilities, Educational (SEN), Additional and Social Needs.
The overall experience is always extremely exciting, enjoyable and productive and everyone works well together learning about the key elements and methods of writing a song. Producing and sharing their many creative ideas and suggestions, the emphasis is on working as a song writing Team, sharing ideas, helping and respecting one another, discussing emotions, visual thoughts, word play and of course, having fun!
Chris, Amanda and Steve from Song Unite have delivered an excellent fully inclusive, seven week art, singing, song writing and recording experience here at Frank Wise School. The culmination of this project has been a finished CD with a unique song written and performed by the sixth form students. Not only that but the art work for the CD was also created by the students specifically with their abilities being celebrated. We are delighted with the finished product and highly recommend the opportunity that Song Unite offer. Their rapport with staff and students alike made it a complete joy.
Frank Wise School Sixth Form
Enjoy our Documentary broadcast on National Television:
and … click on the CD image below to watch a 60 second Project Film produced by 6th Form Students
We offer and provide cross curricular opportunities including and Incorporating:
- Music – English – Media/ICT – Art – Performance
- Student Skills (social and creative)
- Teamwork – Friendship (addressing relationships and anti-bullying)
- Respect – Originality – Organisation skills
- Collaboration – Concentration – Creativity – Confidence
- Inspiring students to Create and Write an original Song
- Self Esteem – Achievement – Celebration – Enjoyment & Fun!
lick on image below to watch the Garth Group song/video
- Providing and facilitating an inclusive quality song writing and professional ‘mobile’ recording facility/studio experience.
- Offering a full and new experience in Writing, Recording and Producing an ‘original’ song to a completed master CD recording.
- Video production and Photographic/Art skills to design a CD sleeve cover, production photographs and performance DVD.
- 1 hour/Half day introductory ‘TASTER’ workshop sessions to full Creative Projects.
- Adaptable to group requirements and needs.
Chris Beck – Creative (Songwriting) Facilitator
As a professional actor, singer, song writer and musician, Chris has enjoyed a varied and successful career in theatre, television and the performing arts. He worked in Children’s Theatre (including Theatre in Education) and H.M. Prisons. Performing in Plays and Stage Musicals including the award winning musicals ‘Barnum’, Les Miserables and Guys and Dolls, he has appeared at the RSC, National Theatre, London Palladium, The Albert Hall and O2 Arena, and in numerous touring theatre productions (including Delphi and Austria). Other work includes: Television sit coms, comedy sketch shows (writing and performing), Presenting, Radio, voice overs and television commercials. Chris worked in Children’s Television for CITV, S4C Wales and the BBC (Where he can still be seen most days on CBeebies as Milo the Tweenie!) It was working with the Poet Tony Harrison that inspired Chris to write and as a singer-songwriter, Chris has released two albums.
Amanda is a freelance Artist and Tutor. Since graduating in Illustration from Anglia Ruskin University in 1992 she has gained a wide range of skills and experience within the arts from regularly exhibiting, teaching in schools, art centres and museums to running a popular and successful Art Studio offering young people mentoring, holiday workshops and after school clubs. Since 2011 she has delivered regular art workshops for the Ashmolean Museum. In her role as an Arts Award Advisor for Song Unite she is responsible for the planning, delivery and the evaluation of student’s Arts Awards along with preparing work for moderation for Trinity College in London. Song Unite has a 100% success rate with students who have taken the award.
Steve Redfearn – Studio Producer/Engineer
Steve is the owner of Song Shed Recording Studios, a fully equipped professional static and mobile recording studio. He is an experienced sound engineer, musician and producer. Previously, Steve worked at a senior level in the food industry, including setting up and running his own highly successful ingredients business. He is experienced in strategic planning and finance.
Mike Hirst OBE – Consultant
Mike retired from a successful career in Education in August 2011 after 31 years in the teaching profession. Having initially qualified in Physical Education at Leeds, he went on to work with young people with special learning, physical and behavioural needs. He was appointed Deputy Head at a residential special school aged 29 and second Deputy Headship at a nursery through to secondary special school in 1990. Mike was then appointed as Head Teacher at Ravenscliffe High, Halifax in 1994 where he began transforming the school through many successful curricular, staffing, training and building initiatives. The school was among the first to achieve Sports College status in 2007 and as Ravenscliffe High School and Sports College, was included in the Ofsted publication ‘Twelve Outstanding Special Schools’ two years later, following three outstanding inspections. The school’s positive reputation further extended into the areas of Music and Performance, achieving local and national Music for Youth Awards. Mike is also a singer-songwriter/musician. He was awarded an OBE for Services to Education.
Clem is a professional Drummer and founder member of The Tornados (Telstar). He is one of the most prolific drummers in the UK and as a session drummer, he has played on many recordings and with many well known Artists and Bands. To date, he has featured on over 45 number one hit singles. We are incredibly proud and honoured to have Clem as a friend and Patron.
Barnaby Beck – Founder member
Barnaby rightly deserves a place on our Team page. A song writing experience with his Father (Chris), was the inspiration behind Song Unite and since then, Barnaby has become an important and active part of the Song Unite Team. He is a full time Student, drummer/percussionist, band member and a member of the Musician’s Union. He takes part in many Theatre, Art, Music and Dance activities and has achieved his Bronze and Silver Arts Award. He continues to write songs and often gigs ‘live’ with a band and enjoys life to the full!
OR if you would like to speak with us please Telephone: +44 (0) 7977 145677
Special thanks to MTS who generously manufacture and duplicate all our CDS
All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. We do not accept any responsibility for social media postings by members of the public.
(Musician’s Union – Actor’s Equity – Public Liability Insurance – Enhanced DBS disclosure)